Friday 30 January 2015

Desperate Times

I don't really go on the Sims forums much these days, and therefore constantly find myself completely out of the loop.

Such as today, when I saw this:


Things that bad huh EA?


Now to be honest I've not touched my Sims 4 game since maybe the day after I bought it, so I'm not really surprised that EA are having to stoop to these levels to get people to play the game.

Oh you could say that it has nothing to do with the success of the game, that they just happened to decide to let people trial the game for free, but come on...


I now find myself wishing that I'd not bothered getting the game to begin with, as I could have just waited for the free trial to get my 48 hours worth- after all that's all I've played it for so far.

Sometimes I think maybe I should give The Sims 4 another go- people are saying it will be better with expansion packs and so on, but I'm not willing to waste my money on EPs to go with a base game that is just shoddy to begin with. Okay, maybe that's not entirely fair- the gameplay is good, I like the interactions and so on, but overall it's just fucking boring. There's so much missing compared to the previous incarnations it's embarrassing.

Sims 3 for life bebbe. 
 Well, not just Sims 3.

Guess what I'm installing atm...

 
*ODDISH FOR SCALE*


Ah goofy Sims 2 days, how I have missed you.


4 comments:

  1. These very same thoughts ran through my head when I first saw that they were offering free playing time for TS4. Thankfully (I suppose one could say that), I didn't personally purchase the game, my brother gave it to me as a Christmas gift, but still. I feel bad that he even spent his money on it. I've also only played maybe 48hrs of it before I couldn't take it anymore.

    Ahhh TS2, it's been such a long time. So many people are going back to that game, I feel like I should join the party. I miss TS2. TS3 is definitely my fav, but TS2 is a close, close second.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Please please please give TS4 a try"... Jeeperz.
    Things aren't looking up for the poor sods at EA right now, and it seems like even the people who initially liked TS4 and defended it are starting to hate it. If this were TS3 sales would be going through the roof, even for only the base game, and there'd be no need to put it up on Game Time. I've never bought the game and don't plan to (TS3 all the way, err'day)... but tbh I think it would be just better if they just quickly swept TS4 under the mat and never spoke of it again, haha. I'm holding out for a hopefully better TS5.
    I remember the days of TS2... That game was my first simming experience, very spesh :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But you see that's what worries me, because apparently there's not going to be a Sims 5 if Sims 4 isn't a success...

      http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Sims-5-Won-t-Happen-Sims-4-Doesn-t-Sell-Says-Producer-67162.html

      In my eyes I don't see how TS4 could be considered a success, so TS5 doesn't seem too likely right now :/

      Personally I'd be cool if they would just release more updates and expansions for TS2 and TS3 ;)

      Delete
    2. Well that sucks a bit. Could be a scare tactic to sell copies but then that's a bit cynical of me.. I remember the magic of TS3. Even when I was a total sims noob and had nothing but the base game I loved it to pieces, and I still do (more expansions would be fine by me!) Let's just hope the fact that Sims is a huge money maker for EA stops them from tossing it completely. Sigh, I suppose there's only one thing to do then.. *loads TS3*

      Delete