Wednesday 3 September 2014

Sims 4 Woooooooooo... Oh No Wait, What The Fudge?

It's fair to say I'm somewhat excited about the release of The Sims 4.

The game has been twinkling on the horizon for a while now, and in preparation I have preordered my copy, bought a shiny new computer, and stocked up on enough tea to keep me going during the impending Simathon.

With the UK release date this Friday I thought I should actually learn a bit about the game in preparation, so today I proceeded to do some research... and then I discovered something disturbing.

There's no Create-A-Style in Sims 4.

WHAT.

No Create-A-Style in Sims 4.




What the actual fuck? 

The advent of Create-A-Style in The Sims 3 it was- in my opinion- a huge step forward in the franchise. The level of customisation it offered was immense, and for freaky freaky control freaks like myself who enjoy making things match in game, it gave the opportunity to have everything 'just so'. And now what? I'm going to have to go back to the days of Sims 2 where I'd only be able to use certain bits of furniture in a room depending on whether they were the same colour or not.

I'll say it outright- this sucks balls. I don't understand why EA would take such a step back like this? I'm completely baffled at this lunacy. The other aspects of gameplay are going to have to be freaking epic to make up it.

Nevertheless, I guess I shall have to give the game the benefit of the doubt and wait to see what it's actually like. 
But I'm telling you, if I can't get my Simself's hair to be the exact shade of red I want I'm going to be suitably unimpressed...

No comments:

Post a Comment